Saturday, February 19, 2011

13 weeks 3 days

Praise the Good Lord for the end of morning sickness.

Starting last Sunday I have felt increasingly better over the week. It's so good to enjoy the taste of food again. When you're on top of your game, you take for granted the simplicity of hunger and feeding that hunger with all the splendid varieties of tasty foods. Now that I'm over that hurdle, I just need my energy to kick back into gear.

On Valentine's day Jason and I went to our second prenatal appointment. We had our first ultrasound and it was the first time we got to hear baby's heartbeat. [161 bpm strong.] The appointment was the First Trimester Screening - in which they test my blood and, by ultrasound, measure the fat behind the neck of the baby. The results can unveil any chromosomal abnormalities or cardiac disorders. Suffice to say that I'm SO thankful that everything is looking perfectly healthy for #2 thus far!

I have to comment on the ultrasound. I didn't get the 1st tri screen with Acacia so seeing such a tiny little baby was amazing for Jason and me. Only about two inches long, yet fully in tact with fingers & toes, our little baby was sucking on it's fingers, moving it's mouth open & closed, curling in it's feet to stretch it's back. I could literally feel my heart melt with adoration as I watched.

Baby is about the size of a peach now and steadily growing. So is my waistline.

I can no longer wear my regular jeans comfortably. For now I'm stuck wearing either lounge pants, dress pants, or leggings. I'm not big enough to fit into my maternity pants; and quite honestly, I'm not anxious to wear most of those ugly things anyway. Being twiggly skinny does have its disadvantages. Even at my ripe 8 months (with Acacia) my belly filled the waist, but my legs resembled those of a 12 year old wearing Junior pants. Not so cute... and kind of awkward.

On my last, physical note, I am reminded why they call it our "bust."

Because I am literally busting out of the seams here, people.

          Well, tonight it was the button.
                  At dinner. With [male] guests over.
                          I'm still trying to figure out how long my shirt was open...





2 comments:

  1. what an amazing story with a funny ending! I thank God that the day I check your blog I'm blessed with a new entry! Excited for God's will in your life in bringing this peach into your life... praying for you often! Thanks for the updates sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are blessed :) I love your blog as well. I have really been wanting to read that book you wrote the report on. It sounds like something that could really help me with Acacia. Next time I go to a bookstore, I've got to remember to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete