House is great, no serious issues at all! We asked the sellers to fix three things - some minor electrical issues, three little trip hazards (where the tile meets the wood floor: to put transition strips), and a crack in the driveway and sidewalk. They agreed and signed for the first two and said they would fix the third if the appraiser required it to be fixed. The electrical they have already fixed and (by now) they have probably put in the transition strips on the floor.
We are in contract for $153,000 and the house was appraised for $153,500. So that went perfectly for both parties. And the appraiser didn't make the cracks in the cement and issue. We're basically good to go!
I think so.
I started leisurely packing this week and had decided that once the appraisal is through that I'd really get a move on getting things packed and cleaned. So now I have a lot of work ahead of me - organizing, packing, and cleaning. I really want the apartment to be nice for Andrew and Janae'.
The best part of it all is that, though I am very excited and happy, I am at peace. I'm not anxious. (and if you know me, I can be an extremely anxious person) I am just taking it one step at a time and really enjoying to see the Lord work out every simple detail perfectly.
Anyway, just wanted to update you all how wonderfully the Lord is putting the pieces together for us to get this house. :)