Friday, January 27, 2012

giving up

Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.

I can't waste all my time on this earth trying to solve problems. My hope is not in solutions, but it eternity.

That's a pill to swallow; because I'm all about tasks being accomplished, hurdles being conquered, even problems being avoided. I get so distracted trying to attain a perfect life that, when something goes wrong, it's a slap in the face to remember that Perfect is an impossible life to live. The Lord is much less interested in me having my life in the right circumstances than in right responses when troubles come my way [and they will; I can count on it].

Why do I even think I deserve anything, let alone a problem-free life? The truth about the reality I live in must not be distorted with pointless hoping. Today - and every day I wake in this fallen world - the Lord is asking me to seek Him.

LORD, You are my Perfect One.


Thank you, Sarah Young [Jesus Calling]

No comments:

Post a Comment