Saturday, April 21, 2012

project: simplify - week 2 complete

Woot woot! Week two of Project: Simplify is complete!

Kind of.

The week is over... but I didn't quite get everything accomplished that I had hoped. I was able to clean and sort through all of the kid's toys, but I didn't get to the closet and clothes. But that is ok, because the room already has a better feel to it. 

Acacia was such a good helper with the toys. Once she understood what I was doing, she was very generous. I asked her about which toys she wanted to keep or give away and she was on a roll of "give away" items. There were even some cute things that I was reluctant to put in that pile, but I listened to her. In the end, I may have snuck some unnecessary toys into the yard sale stock - but nothing she will actually miss. :) 

Now for some before and after pictures. 

P.S. I realize that a room for two girls shouldn't ideally be the color blue, but we just haven't had the chance to paint it yet. Besides, the ceiling is painted blue too - so that makes it a much bigger project!


The bookshelf, before.... yeah I have been lazy...

Bookshelf after. Now, I realize it won't - can't - stay like this, but I pulled out the broken books, sorted the puzzles for pieces, and basically just cleaned it up!

Before picture of the back left corner of the room.

This is a closeup on the pileup behind Acacia. 

As you can see, I rearranged, so that corner is now the location for Ava's crib. I'll show you what I did with all those toys. 

Acacia's toddler bed has been replaced with these.

And here is the rest of those toys. No more piles of stuffed animals.

The back right corner of the room before.

After - muuuuuuch better!

This picture is the toys that stay downstairs in the living area - mostly baby toys. I let Acacia bring hers downstairs but they must be returned to her room.

 I sorted through them and decided to purge out a few of the baby items. Mostly, I just organized. 


There you have it! Kid's toys Project: Simplify COMPLETE!

Must.
Persevere.
To.
Next. 
Project.



2 comments:

  1. My oh so productive wife!! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely nice!!! Good luck keeping it that way.

    ReplyDelete