Tuesday, July 6, 2010

day 7

Within half an hour Sheree' and I were finished with the painting for today.

What a relief.

Of course... we both stuck our hair in paint.

[But thats beside the point.]

Looking forward to another easy day tomorrow.

We're having trouble hunting down oil-based glaze to mix with the dark brown paint to cause the antique effect. It seems odd to me considering that the directions online specify purchasing such a thing. We've searched Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, and Kwal paint with no luck. Sherwin-Williams said they had an oil-based glaze that they were having a close-out clearance on, so Jason will stop by and buy a couple quarts in hopes of finding what we need. We shall see. If its not the right product... then we may just leave the cabinets cream.... or maybe I could come up with my own glaze...????-- paint thinner?? 

Who knows.

And... as always... I hate oil paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment